Definition of Nubian in English:
Relating to Nubia, its people, or their language.
- For its part the Sony Gallery is showcasing black and white photographs taken in the early 1960s by Abdel-Fattah Eid as part of a project to document Nubian culture before the valley was submerged by Lake Nasser.
- You can see some Nubian villages at Elephantine Island.
- Were the sadness, the fear, the ferocity, related to the darker side of Nubian culture?
nounBack to top
1A native or inhabitant of Nubia.
- Cunningham and the group of Islanders joined Nubians, Toda, Zulu and Sioux and ‘the entirely bogus Wild Men of Borneo’ on a tour of North America that lasted almost a year.
- But the traditionalists point out that the Egyptians distinguished themselves from the Nubians and other African and Mediterranean peoples in appearance and dress.
- Millions of Egyptian Nubians are committed Muslims who are non-Arab Africans with a glorious history of governing Egypt and Sudan for centuries.
3A goat of a short-haired breed with long pendant ears and long legs, originally from Africa.
- Several characteristics distinguish Nubians from other dairy breeds: They have floppy ears, a convex, Roman nose and an energetic disposition some say is just plain stubborn.
- To give a summary of our operation, it comprises 400 head of Alpine, LaMancha, Nubian, Saanen and Toggenburg breeds.
- Milk from Hahns's herd of Nubian, La Mancha and Saanen goats goes into her much-sought-after line of handmade soaps.
Words that rhyme with NubianDanubian
Definition of Nubian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan