(also Ob-Ugric /ɒbˈuːgrɪk/)
- Of or denoting a branch of the Finno-Ugric language family containing two languages of western Siberia, related to Hungarian.More example sentences
- Mir-Susne-Hum (‘Man, who gaze at the world’) is a seventh son of a supreme Ob-Ugrian god, Num-Torum.
- Cushings article on the bear in Ob-Ugrian folklore cites a poem in which squirrel furs represent kopecks.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The Ob-Ugrian group of languages.More example sentences
- The initial stress in certain Uralic languages, Ob-Ugrian in particular, in which earlier harmony systems have ceased to operate, creates the appearance of the UVR systems.
More definitions of Ob-UgrianDefinition of Ob-Ugrian in:
- The US English dictionary