- The French language up to circa 1400.More example sentences
- The word turns up in Old French as salade and then in late 14th-century English as salad or sallet.
- The word entered the English language in the late 14th century from Old French magique.
- So determined was Joan to solve the mystery she taught herself Old French and obtained microfilm of the same Guiot manuscript Professor Kibler used for the Penguin Classic.
More definitions of Old FrenchDefinition of Old French in:
- The US English dictionary