- The Irish Gaelic language up to circa 1000, from which modern Irish and Scottish Gaelic are derived.More example sentences
- This ‘deep’ primoridial root also appears to underlie Old English scinu (Modern English shin), Old High German scina needle, Old Irish scian knife, Greek schizein to split, and Latin scindere to cut.
- Finally, I should state that while I hold a total of five degrees in history, archaeology and Old Irish from University College Dublin, University of Durham, University of Oxford and Trinity College, I am not, unfortunately, a lawyer.
- The Old Irish saying which summed up the heroic life of Cú Chulainn - ‘fame is more lasting than life’ - could stand too for Presley, whose posthumous career has lasted longer than his earthly one.
More definitions of Old IrishDefinition of Old Irish in:
- The US English dictionary