- another name for Church Slavonic.More example sentences
- In the ninth century saints Cyril and Methodius devised a written form of the Slav language and the new churches came to use translations of the Orthodox liturgy into the Old Slavonic language made by their disciples.
- It retains over 2,000 words from the pre-Cyrillic Old Slavonic tongue.
- In 1777 Maria Theresa secured the erection of a diocese for the Uniat Greeks, with the Eastern Rite and the Old Slavonic Liturgy.
More definitions of Old SlavonicDefinition of Old Slavonic in:
- The US English dictionary