- A flame lit at Olympia in Greece, the site of the ancient Olympics, and ceremonially conveyed to the city that is hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Games, where it is kept alight for the duration of the Games: the closing ceremony ended with a firework display and the extinguishing of the Olympic flameMore example sentences
- Former Chinese gymnast Li Ning carried the Olympic flame as he was lifted to the air during the opening ceremony of the Beijing 2008 Games.
- The Olympic flame is the symbol of any Games and keeping it alight requires enormous technical skill and knowledge.
- Prince William and his wife Kate welcomed the Olympic flame to Buckingham Palace Thursday, the penultimate day of its marathon journey that culminates at the London Games opening ceremony.
More definitions of Olympic flameDefinition of Olympic flame in:
- The US English dictionary