nounBritish & Canadian
A paper on which the day’s business for a legislative assembly is entered.
More example sentences
- This means that the report will be on the Order Paper for debate next sitting day, after questions and any urgent debate.
- There will be a lot of questions on the Order Paper tomorrow, because New Zealanders want to know the answer.
- Here he was today in Parliament, large as life, and there was not one single question on the Order Paper from the Leader of the Opposition.
die on the Order Paper
- Canadian (Of a bill) fail to be voted on before the end of a legislative session.More example sentences
- A controversial amendment to the Copyright Act that extended copyright on unpublished works of authors who died before 1948, died on the order paper.
- The other is that it embody a commitment to habitat protection, provision for which was missing from the Government's last attempt at endangered species legislation, Bill C-65, which died on the Order Paper in 1997.