noun[mass noun] ( • trademark in the US)
- A fuel consisting of an emulsion of bitumen in water.More example sentences
- The facility closed with the loss of hundreds of jobs after a bid to burn the controversial fuel Orimulsion at the plant failed.
- Orimulsion is a bitumen and water mixture mined in Venezuela.
- Orimulsion, a bitumen-in-water emulsified fuel produced in Venezuela, has shown increased use throughout the world as a replacement for heavy fuel oil
1980s: blend of Orinoco (the name of an oil belt in Venezuela, where the bitumen was originally extracted) and emulsion.
More definitions of OrimulsionDefinition of Orimulsion in:
- The US English dictionary