noun (plural Ossies or Ossis)• informal , often • derogatory
- (In Germany) a citizen of the former German Democratic Republic.More example sentences
- After the initial tidal wave of western capitalist media (try watching German MTV), it seems that ‘Ossies ‘have become at least a little disillusioned with it all.
- Its the expansion of the West German hostility to Ossies now finding echoes in complaints from London tradesmen about Polish plumbers.
- The protest was just one sign of how deeply disenchanted many east Germans, ‘Ossies ‘, are with their west German, ‘Wessie ‘, neighbours and vice versa.
German, probably an abbreviation of Ostdeutsche 'East German'.
More definitions of OssiDefinition of Ossi in:
- The US English dictionary