- A class of minute aquatic crustaceans that have a hinged shell from which the antennae protrude, and a reduced number of appendages.More example sentences
- Hemoglobins have been described in a select number of crustacean groups, including the Branchiopoda, Ostracoda, Copepoda, Cirrepedia, and Decapoda.
- Hemoglobin is present in Branchiopoda, Ostracoda, Copepoda, rhizocephalan Cirripedia and one suborder of amphipodan Malacostraca.
- On the whole the maxillopodan groups Ostracoda and Cirripedia and the Malacostraca have left the most significant fossil records.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek ostrakōdēs 'testaceous', from ostrakon 'shell'.
More definitions of OstracodaDefinition of Ostracoda in:
- The US English dictionary