Definition of Palaung in English:
noun (plural same or Palaungs)
1A member of an indigenous people of the northern Shan states of Burma (Myanmar).
- The Allies supported Burmese guerrillas (largely composed of Kachins, Karens, Shans, Chins, Lushais, and Palaungs), who were able to wreak havoc behind Japanese lines.
- Many Palaung traditionally lived in multiple-family houses.
- There are also significant numbers of Chin, Kachin, Kayah, Pao, Palaung, Lahu, Wa, and Rohingya.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Palaung or their language.
- The Khasis have a unique linguistic family which is strictly connected with the Palaung Wa dialects spoken by the tribes.
- The organization increases international and community knowledge of the Palaung people, their history and cultures.
the name in Palaung.