noun (plural same or Palaungs)
- 1A member of an indigenous people of the northern Shan states of Burma (Myanmar).More example sentences
- The Allies supported Burmese guerrillas (largely composed of Kachins, Karens, Shans, Chins, Lushais, and Palaungs), who were able to wreak havoc behind Japanese lines.
- Many Palaung traditionally lived in multiple-family houses.
- There are also significant numbers of Chin, Kachin, Kayah, Pao, Palaung, Lahu, Wa, and Rohingya.
- 2 [mass noun] The Mon-Khmer language of the Palaung.More example sentences
- Palaung is a language spoken by about 150000 people in the Shan States of Burma.
- Palaung and Wa closely correspond with Khasi.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Palaung or their language.More example sentences
- The Khasis have a unique linguistic family which is strictly connected with the Palaung Wa dialects spoken by the tribes.
- The organization increases international and community knowledge of the Palaung people, their history and cultures.
the name in Palaung.