A fungal disease of bananas producing yellowing and wilting of the leaves.
- The fungus is Fusarium oxysporum (f. sp. cubense), subdivision Deuteromycotina
More example sentences
- The two most dangerous diseases are Panama disease and Sigatoka.
- Both major banana companies ultimately overcame the problem of Panama disease by planting banana varieties that had been cultivated for centuries in Southeast Asia.
- In the early part of the decade, Panama disease plagued the banana crops.
Definition of Panama disease in:
- The US English dictionary