- Denoting a ship with a dead-weight tonnage of not more than 69,000, the maximum size for a ship navigating the Panama canal.More example sentences
- Even with a single Panamax ship, the Corporation would get less revenue as one 950 ft ship will generate less tax revenue than two 650 ft vessels and will be able to process its own sewage.
- The plant will have an estimated crushing capacity of 600,000 metric tons… and access to the export terminal as well as 240,000 tons of storage space and two Panamax vessel loaders…
- The earnings of the Panamax vessels have gone up to $24,534 per day from $15,943 while the freight rate of other vessels has increased to $16,075 per day from $13,700.
More definitions of PanamaxDefinition of Panamax in:
- The US English dictionary