noun[usually as modifier] • trademark
- A system for matching colours, used in specifying printing inks: Pantone coloursMore example sentences
- Born from the color of architectural blueprints, it's a complex hue not easily matched with a Pantone number.
- Max planned to paint the cars, perhaps in a fine swathe of perfectly matched Pantone colours, but he never got round to it.
- What appear to be arbitrary choices of hue and composition are in fact rather literal enlargements of the Pantone color swatches that determine a given product's chromatic identity.
1960s: an invented name.
More definitions of PantoneDefinition of Pantone in:
- The US English dictionary