Definition of Parisian in English:
Relating to Paris: a Parisian boulevard
More example sentences
- The Post Office had organised a street party, the weather was fine and, for an hour or two, village street was more like a Parisian boulevard with wine and cheese and accordion music.
- There's only so much you can do to make any part of Hackney look like a Parisian boulevard, especially just after you've got up.
- The houses are built stoutly of granite and the mile-long main street is as broad as a Parisian boulevard.
nounBack to top
A native or inhabitant of Paris.
- The usual role assigned to Manet is as the father of impressionism - because of his genius for annoying respectable Parisians and those flashing fencer's brush strokes of his.
- How would you like to sweep through the centre of Paris with a police motorbike escort stopping the traffic, and the oh-so-cool Parisians lining the pavements to cheer your passing?
- With Parisians, the less conspicuous you are, the better.
Late Middle English: from French parisien.
Words that rhyme with ParisianElysian, Frisian, Tunisian
Definition of Parisian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan