- (Of a dish) made with or accompanied by potatoes: potage ParmentierMore example sentences
- F's Hachis Parmentier was an amazingly tasty mash of puréed potato and shredded duck served with a side of sharply dressed green frisée.
- The equivalent dish in France is called hachis Parmentier in honour of the man who persuaded the French to eat potatoes.
- For a little more on the history of the dish, let me point you to my recipe for Duck Confit Parmentier on the Bonjour Paris website.
from the name of Antoine A. Parmentier (1737–1813), the French agriculturalist who popularized the potato in France.
More definitions of ParmentierDefinition of Parmentier in:
- The US English dictionary