- A hard, dry cheese used chiefly in grated form, especially on Italian dishes.More example sentences
- Limit cheese intake to Parmesan or feta cheese (used on main dishes or salads).
- Use just a touch of extra-flavorful cheeses like Parmesan, Romano and feta.
- Mix the red wine vinegar, olive oil and grated Parmesan to produce a thick dressing.
early 16th century: from French, from Italian parmigiano 'of Parma', where it was originally made.
More definitions of ParmesanDefinition of Parmesan in:
- The US English dictionary