- A member of a Baptist denomination holding the doctrine of the election and redemption of some but not all people.More example sentences
- Eventually they were forced out, to join three fledgling denominations - the English Presbyterians, the Congregationalists, and the Particular Baptists (also known as the Calvinistic Baptists).
- General Baptists believed that Christ died for all persons, while Particular Baptists confined redemption to the elect only.
- Baptists, divided into sects which included the more Calvinistic Particular Baptists and Strict Baptists, comprised the smallest of the major Protestant denominational groups in Australia.
More definitions of Particular BaptistDefinition of Particular Baptist in:
- The US English dictionary