Definition of Pelion in English:
- 1pile (or heap) Pelion on Ossa
- Add an extra difficulty to something which is already onerous.Example sentences
- As the Greeks would say, why pile Pelion on Ossa?
- But was it worth while to heap Pelion on Ossa, to shake the whole world, to create such a cataclysm of colour, merely to raise a smile?
- Looking for a hill from which to scan the territory, one does not want to pile Pelion on Ossa.
Words that rhyme with Pelionanthelion, Aristotelian, Aurelian, carnelian, chameleon, Karelian, Mendelian, Mephistophelian, Sahelian
Definition of Pelion in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.