- Seven psalms (6, 32, 38, 51, 102, 130, 143) which express penitence.More example sentences
- The bishop commenced by reciting the seven Penitential Psalms and chanting the Litany of the Saints at the main entrance.
- These Hours were placed between extracts from the Gospels, various prayers and daily devotions, the Penitential Psalms, the Litany of Saints, and masses for certain holy days.
- However, it was also about this time that the gloominess and intensity of Counter-Reformation ideas began to affect his music, most especially in his settings of the seven Penitential Psalms.
More definitions of Penitential PsalmsDefinition of Penitential Psalms in:
- The US English dictionary