noun[mass noun] US • informal
- The euphemistic or cryptic language supposedly used among high-ranking US military personnel.More example sentences
- ‘Synergism’ is Pentagonese for ‘choreographing a military ballet.’
- Or, to borrow a phrase currently hip in Pentagonese, new ways of ‘degrading’ the language.
- After ‘embedded’ was accredited in Pentagonese, TV news channels grabbed and ran with it, and it was free for all.
More definitions of PentagoneseDefinition of Pentagonese in:
- The US English dictionary