- 1.1 (as noun a pharos) A lighthouse or beacon to guide sailors.More example sentences
- It also served as a platform for a monumental lighthouse, or pharos, that imitated the great Pharos of Alexandria.
- The Roman lighthouse (pharos) was one of a pair of C2 lighthouses set on the cliffs either side of the river estuary.
- Pharos, the great lighthouse of antiquity and the eighth wonder of the world, whose height was not matched until the early 20th century, was built by the Ptolemaics in the port city of Alexandria on the coast of Egypt.
More definitions of PharosDefinition of Pharos in:
- The US English dictionary