- A small order of mammals that comprises the pangolins.More example sentences
- Attempts to resolve the relationships of Xenarthra and Pholidota to other eutherian mammals have not yet been exhausted.
- Some features of mammals that eat mostly ants and termites are used as examples of convergence; the most speciose assemblages of these mammals are in the orders Xenarthra and Pholidota.
- Unfortunately, information on the condition of feeding apparatus muscles in ant-eating taxa outside the Xenarthra and Pholidota is incomplete.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek pholidōtos 'scaly', from pholis, pholid- 'scale'.
More definitions of PholidotaDefinition of Pholidota in:
- The US English dictionary