(also Phrygian cap)
- A conical cap with the top bent forwards, worn in ancient times and now identified with the cap of liberty.More example sentences
- In the beginning, she was the sublime leader of liberty with the Phrygian cap recalling not so much antiquity as the French Revolution.
- One is dressed in a cloak and is interpreted as a German tribesman, whilst the other, wearing a Phrygian cap, trousers or leggings, and a short cloak, is believed to be a Parthian, from the eastern boundaries of the Empire.
- Mithras is portrayed as a young man wearing a Phrygian cap, usually crouched on the back of a bull which he is killing by a thrust to the neck with a short sword.
More definitions of Phrygian bonnetDefinition of Phrygian bonnet in:
- The US English dictionary