Definition of Pinot in English:
1Any of several varieties of wine grape, especially the chief varieties Pinot Noir, a black grape, and Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris, white grapes.
- They're using a gamut of grapes, from Grenache and Syrah to Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Important grapes grown here are Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Muscat, and Sémillon.
- The fog-filled Russian River Valley is made up of 11,000 acres devoted heavily to Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Zinfandel.
1.1A wine made from Pinot grapes.
- On the one hand there are stylish Rieslings and Scheurebes with high acidity, and on the other an increasing supply of interesting wines from the Burgunder, or Pinot, family.
- But the Orogeny, an earthy, Burgundian-style Pinot, answered virtually every dish with aplomb.
- It features a Pinot Gris, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir, all at about the $20 mark.
French, denoting a type of vine, variant of earlier Pineau, diminutive of pin 'pine' (because of the shape of the grape cluster).
Definition of Pinot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan