(also Platonic body)
- One of five regular solids (a tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, dodecahedron, or icosahedron).More example sentences
- Kepler connected the planetary orbits with the five regular polyhedra, or Platonic solids.
- His geometrical inclinations led him to propose that these particles had regular, mathematical shapes: the polyhedra called regular Platonic solids.
- If each face is an equilateral triangle, the result is a regular tetrahedron, one of the five Platonic solids.
More definitions of Platonic solidDefinition of Platonic solid in:
- The US English dictionary