- Self-important and mundane or narrow-minded: a Pooterish, inhibited manMore example sentences
- She writes about their ‘relationship’ with a Pooterish self-regard that verges on the comic.’
- In writing those awful Pooterish books about Iris, John Bayley has quite appropriated her life to his own ends - an irony of which director Richard Eyre seems utterly unaware.
- It's a minor classic of Pooterish indignation.
1960s: from the name of Charles Pooter, the central character of Diary of a Nobody (1892) by George and Weedon Grossmith.
More definitions of PooterishDefinition of Pooterish in:
- The US English dictionary