- 1A princess who acts as regent.More example sentences
- Before his departure to the war with Paraguay and subsequent trip to Europe, Pedro II promulgated a law on regency (15 May 1871), which provided for installation of Isabel as Imperial Princess Regent.
- At the time, the Princess was the Princess Regent in the absence of her father, King Taufaahau Tupou IV.
- 1.1The wife of a Prince Regent.More example sentences
- Their wife or husband is given the title of Prince or Princess Regent and has no direct power that is linked to the throne.
- A princess regent is referred to as a princezna vladáøka if the title comes to her in her own right, but as the manelka prince regenta if she is simply the wife of a prince regent.