- (Especially of a framework or system) enforcing uniformity or conformity without regard to natural variation or individuality: a fixed Procrustean ruleMore example sentences
- The underdeveloped concept of the international system has acted as a Procrustean straitjacket on the discipline.
- The state became an instrument for the promotion of Hindutva, and the obdurate nation was sought to be trimmed, in Procrustean fashion, to disenfranchise those who did not subscribe to such a conception of culture.
- The costumes, in other words, act as Procrustean beds, amputating those pesky limbs of anthropological knowledge that flop outside their predetermined grids.
More definitions of ProcrusteanDefinition of Procrustean in:
- The US English dictionary