Definition of Protozoa in English:
1A phylum or grouping of phyla which comprises the single-celled microscopic animals, which include amoebas, flagellates, ciliates, sporozoans, and many other forms. They are now usually treated as a number of phyla belonging to the kingdom Protista.
- The first edition's chapter on Protozoa recognized 7 phyla.
- This view is based on the early idea that sponges are grouped with the Protozoa.
1.1 (protozoa) Organisms of the Protozoa group.
- Instead, higher decomposition of organic matter might lead to higher populations of bacteria, protozoa, and organisms using these as food supply, which in turn can be consumed by zooplankton.
- Microbiological contaminants, including protozoa, bacteria and viruses, are normally killed by chlorinating and other treatment.
- From 6 to 26 nucleotide repeats have been identified in the chromosomal ends of Protozoa, fungi, nematodes, plants, and vertebrates.
Definition of Protozoa in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan