- (1871–1922), French novelist, essayist, and critic. He devoted much of his life to writing his novel À la recherche du temps perdu (published in seven sections between 1913 and 1927). Its central theme is the recovery of the lost past and the releasing of its creative energies through the stimulation of unconscious memory.
- More example sentences
- Is there not a Proustian whiff of déjà vu about these equivocations?
- He has a Proustian obsession for detail and a mesmeric way with words.
- Childhood memories are triggered by a Proustian moment of Bayley's catching his vest on a chair.
More definitions of Proust, MarcelDefinition of Proust, Marcel in:
- The US English dictionary