noun[mass noun, usually as modifier] • trademark
- A hard heat-resistant type of glass, typically used for ovenware: a set of Pyrex dishesMore example sentences
- Polishing its thick slab of Pyrex glass has been described as the Apollo project of the Great Depression era.
- It advertised washing machines, electric irons, and Pyrex casseroles.
- Combine maple syrup, butter and lemon juice in large Pyrex measuring cup.
early 20th century: an invented word.
More definitions of PyrexDefinition of Pyrex in:
- The US English dictionary