- A theorem attributed to Pythagoras that the square on the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle is equal in area to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.More example sentences
- Suffice it to say that the headaches of algebra, Pythagoras' theorem, and geometry didn't tickle his fancy.
- By chapter two he is proving Pythagoras' theorem from first principles and introducing non-Euclidean geometry.
- The Sulba Sutras demonstrate that India had Pythagoras' theorem before the great Greek was born.
More definitions of Pythagoras' theoremDefinition of Pythagoras' theorem in:
- The US English dictionary