- An infectious fever caused by the bacterium Coxiella burnetii, which may be transmitted to humans from cattle, sheep, and other domesticated animals.More example sentences
- The attackers would have little concern of being exposed to secondary infection because Q fever is not communicable.
- Persistent infections in humans can lead to a chronic form of Q fever.
- You can catch Q fever by eating or touching contaminated meat.
1930s: from Q for query + fever.
More definitions of Q feverDefinition of Q fever in:
- The US English dictionary