noun[mass noun] (the Queen's English)
- The English language as written and spoken correctly by educated people in Britain: they were reciting the words faultlessly in the Queen’s EnglishMore example sentences
- When even the Queen doesn't speak Queen's English, what is happening to our language?
- An Irishman called Murphy has been educating himself to speak the Queen's English.
- Along the sandy trail echoes of Brits speaking Castilian Spanish and Spaniards speaking the Queen's English could be heard.
More definitions of Queen's EnglishDefinition of Queen's English in:
- The US English dictionary