Definition of Queensland blue in English:
1 (also Queensland blue heeler) A cattle dog with a dark speckled body.
- The breed became so popular among Queensland ranchers that it came to be known as the Queensland heeler or Queensland blue heeler.
- A Queensland blue heeler has very neat coloring and a rescue will use a photo of the dog to attract people.
- The Australian Cattle Dog was officially recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1980 and is sometimes referred to as the Blue Heeler or Queensland Blue Heeler.
2A pumpkin of a slaty-grey variety.
- This fall look in your local farmer's market for these varieties: Marina Di Chioggia, Rouge vif D'Etampes (Cinderella), Baby Pam, Baby Bear, New England Pie, Queensland Blue, Jarrahdale, Long Pie Pumpkin, Long Island Cheese, Winter Luxury, Lumina, and Valenciano.
- Pumpkins are often ‘Blue Knobs’ or ‘Queensland Blues,’ very meaty and delicious.
- We selected the kangaroo rump roast served with Dobson Potatoes and Queensland Blue Pumpkin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan