Definition of Raelian in English:
A member of an atheistic cult based on the belief that humans originated from alien scientists who came to earth in UFOs.
- Well, today we ask this question - did the controversial cult, the Raelians, really clone a human being, or is it a hoax?
- Two amateur documentary makers say they infiltrated the UFO / cloning sect known as the Raelians and got candid videos they hope will further reveal the group's motives.
- His appearance seemed to lend a whiff of legitimacy to the claim of the Raelians, who happen to think, among other weird beliefs, that humans are clones of extraterrestrials.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Raelians or their beliefs.
- In other words, in Raelian belief, intelligence is responsible for the origin of the intricate DNA codes of life, including the ones coding for our intelligent brain.
- The group caught the attention of the film-makers after they discovered that one of the Raelian commandments is to give one percent of your annual income to help deliver his message.
- That claim, by the Raelian movement, also met with scepticism from scientists and has not been backed since by essential DNA proof.
1990s: from Rael, assumed name of Claude Vorilhon, French singer and journalist, author of The Message Given to me by Extraterrestrials (1974).
Definition of Raelian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan