- A member of a Hindu military caste claiming Kshatriya descent: [as modifier]: a Rajput textile millionaireMore example sentences
- It is an ancient ritual practiced by a warrior race of India called Rajputs.
- The Rajputs fought back, during which groups of people were displaced or forced to move out of desolated areas.
- It is no wonder that the Mongols and other Turkic speaking people were able to form relationships with Rajputs so very easily.
from Hindi rājpūt, from Sanskrit rājan 'king' + putra 'son'.
More definitions of RajputDefinition of Rajput in:
- The US English dictionary