- 1 another term for Remembrance Sunday.More example sentences
- On Remembrance Day the last post is followed by a period of silence, and then by the reveille - the day's first bugle-call - to symbolize death and resurrection.
- On Anzac Day and on Remembrance Day, headmaster and chaplains gave solemn little talks based, quite often, on their own service; they were often ‘returned’ men.
- Although many, busy in their commitments to the operation, were unable to attend, a modest crowd took the time to reflect on what Remembrance Day means to them.
- 2 • historical another term for Armistice Day.More example sentences
- On Remembrance Day, we should be reminded to remember.
- With Remembrance Day just past, it is only fitting that we remember our soldiers who fought in the great wars.
- Staff decided some years ago that the two divisions of the school can appreciate an event like Remembrance Day in two different ways, and so two separate services are held to mark this celebration.
More definitions of Remembrance DayDefinition of Remembrance Day in:
- The US English dictionary