Any of several scholarships awarded annually and tenable at Oxford University by students from certain Commonwealth countries, the United States, and Germany.
More example sentences
- He majored in Creative Literature and was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University, where he studied William Blake, while never abandoning his lifelong admiration for the down-home poet of country music, Hank Williams.
- Born and raised in a culturally Jewish but non-observant home, he studied anthropology at Oxford University on a Rhodes Scholarship.
- This opportunity for students who have been awarded a Rhodes Scholarship has been established in recognition of the need for cutting-edge scientific inquiry and the development of the world's future leaders in biomedical science.
named after Cecil Rhodes (see Rhodes, Cecil), who founded the scholarships in 1902.
- More example sentences
- Schmoke graduated from Yale before going on to Oxford University, where he studied as a Rhodes Scholar, and Harvard University Law School, where he graduated in 1976.
- Mr Ludwig was at Yale Law School with the future president and more importantly, was a Keasbey Scholar when the young Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University.
- This fall I will head to Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar to study comparative social policy.
Definition of Rhodes Scholarship in:
- The US English dictionary