Definition of Riesling in English:
1A variety of wine grape grown in Germany, Austria, and elsewhere.
- Chardonnay is the main grape variety, with Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Noir a long way behind.
- The evidence of xylem dysfunction comes primarily from microscopic examination and dye uptake studies with a number of grape varieties, namely; Muscat Gordo Blanco, Riesling, Pinot noir, and Merlot.
- But Neal also uses Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, and Sangiovese, making verjus is similar to making wine, except juice is not fermented.
1.1A dry white wine made from the Riesling grape.
- In general, red and white wines keep for two to three days, although Rieslings, Sauvignon Blancs, some Chiantis, and Cabernet Sauvignons hold up to a week.
- I'm a big fan of the new wave of sweeter Rieslings - where the true nature of the grape is revealed as a luscious, fruity wine with honey, lime and apricot flavours, plus good cellaring potential.
- This applies to no more than a handful of wine styles: claret, red and white Burgundy, Rhône reds, Tuscan and Piedmontese reds, vintage port, vintage champagne, a few Spanish reds, Mosel Rieslings and Californian Cabernets.
Words that rhyme with Rieslingweakling
Definition of Riesling in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan