- A religious teacher held in high regard among Tibetan Buddhists (often used as an honorific title).More example sentences
- If the lama is a high Rinpoche or your own teacher, it is customary to prostrate three times upon arriving and once when leaving.
- Like the Tibetan Rinpoches say: Treat your own mind with loving kindness, then you will be gentle with others.
- These masters, known as ‘Rinpoches’, are at the heart of Tibetan Buddhist culture.
Tibetan, literally 'precious jewel'.
More definitions of RinpocheDefinition of Rinpoche in:
- The US English dictionary