- A wine produced in La Rioja, Spain.More example sentences
- Even Rioja, already Spain's leading table wine at the turn of the 19th century, found few markets other than neighbouring Basque country and South America.
- Setting out at dawn with a formidable supply of beer and rum, they would fish all day then return under moonlit skies to dine and drink jugs of Rioja wine in local Spanish restaurants.
- Main dishes are customarily accompanied by a simple salad, often made with vegetables picked minutes before from the household garden, and are almost always served with the region's Rioja wines.
More definitions of RiojaDefinition of Rioja in:
- The US English dictionary