- 1.1 (as noun a Robin Hood) A person considered to be taking from the wealthy and giving to the poor: a latter-day Robin Hood, he takes from the exchequers of the rich West to provide capital for the poor EastMore example sentences
- It was his notoriety as a particular kind of outlaw: a social bandit, a Robin Hood who robbed from the rich and gave to the poor.
- He was a neighborhood institution, a Robin Hood who rolled in a caddy, doling out cash to the downtrodden while sticking it to the man.
- Acting as a Robin Hood for a group of starving actors, he swipes the marked can and gives it to Maggie, whom he loves from afar.
More definitions of Robin HoodDefinition of Robin Hood in:
- The US English dictionary