- (In the Western Christian Church) the three days before Ascension Day, traditionally marked by fasting and prayer, particularly for the blessing of the harvest (after the pattern of pre-Christian rituals).More example sentences
- On the Rogation Days, they processed through the streets and churches of Lyon bearing banners with images of both him and his two sisters.
- A festival celebrated by Czech Americans in Iowa and Minnesota is the Rogation Days - the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before the Feast of the Ascension.
- If crops could be blessed by the priest, in great solemnity in the sight of the people on Rogation Days, the sign of the cross could be used by anyone to encourage vegetables to grow.
More definitions of Rogation DaysDefinition of Rogation Days in:
- The US English dictionary