- A building containing a complex of rooms designed for bathing, relaxing, and socializing, as used in ancient Rome.More example sentences
- Bath in Somerset, contains one of the best examples of a Roman bath complex in Europe.
- The Roman baths were abandoned in the C5 and, except for a mention in an Anglo-Saxon poem entitled The Ruin, were forgotten until the C18.
- This system of heating was also used to keep some Roman baths hot if they had no access to naturally heated water.
More definitions of Roman bathsDefinition of Roman baths in:
- The US English dictionary