noun[mass noun] • dated
- Roman Catholicism.More example sentences
- But he rejoiced to have been ‘persecuted for righteousness sake’ and that, to the glory of God, nearly four hundred persons had been converted from Romanism during his eleven years of service.
- The argument was fleshed out with a passing reference to Luther's attack on the three ‘walls’ of Romanism, and principally that policy whereby temporal princes were prevented from calling Councils.
- Through the pages of the New Zealand Baptist and in other publications, he maintained a steadfast opposition to Romanism.
More definitions of RomanismDefinition of Romanism in:
- The US English dictionary