noun[mass noun] ( • trademark in the US)
- A soft blue cheese made from ewes' milk. It is ripened in limestone caves and has a strong flavour.More example sentences
- Cold Roquefort is like warm lager: an utter waste of time, and a sacrifice of calories.
- Lumps of crumbly Roquefort give power to this light starter.
- A sweet Sauternes, however, goes a treat with Wensleydale, Parmesan, Red Leicester, smoked cheese and Roquefort.
from the name of a village in southern France.
More definitions of RoquefortDefinition of Roquefort in:
- The US English dictionary