- A type of projective test used in psychoanalysis, in which a standard set of symmetrical ink blots of different shapes and colours is presented one by one to the subject, who is asked to describe what they suggest or resemble.More example sentences
- Donnelly liaises with Amory Clarke, a psychologist at the Maudsley Hospital in London, who also advocates Rorschach tests, and the two have been planning a joint study.
- Without him, you and I would still be giving Rorschach tests or worrying about habit strength and anticipatory goal gradients.
- Similarly, Rorschach tests could be employed to discover whether a learner driver is a road-rager in waiting.
1920s: named after Hermann Rorschach (1884–1922), Swiss psychiatrist.
More definitions of Rorschach testDefinition of Rorschach test in:
- The US English dictionary