noun (plural Roshis)
- The spiritual leader of a community of Zen Buddhist monks.More example sentences
- Many well-known generals were private Zen students of famous Roshis.
- Upon Suzuki Roshi's death in 1971, his dharma heir Zentatsu Richard Baker was installed as abbot, one of the first Western students trained by an Asian master to become a Roshi.
- Two monks are standing in the garden of the monastery, arguing over the nature of reality when the Roshi overhears them.
More definitions of RoshiDefinition of Roshi in:
- The US English dictionary